BCA (Professional) or Bachelor of Computer Application (Professional) is the 3-years undergraduate course. The BCA (Professional) degree is the best alternative degree for BE/B.Tech.
- The students will be studying all the subjects of BE/B.Tech Computer Science in BCA (Professional) course.
- The BCA (Professional) is the new age course that gives a holistic understanding of the professional computer application subjects.
- The course gives an in-depth understanding of the core computer concepts and computer applications.
- The students today are racing towards building careers in the computer science field and BCA (Professional) can be one of the best choices to reach their goals
- The scope for BCA (professional) students is on rise for all the students who are trying to build their career in the computer science field.
Admission to BCA programmes
The students who are interested to join the BCA (Professional) course can take admission by two modes of admission procedures. The first one is merit-based and the second Is under NRI/Management quota in the top BCA colleges in Bangalore.
Career Scope for BCA graduates
- The placement opportunities for BCA (Professional) students are ample when compared to others.
- With the increase in the number of IT companies, there is a huge demand for BCA (professional) graduates across the globe and skilled students are readily hired in top MNCs
- The placement opportunities in Bangalore for BCA (Professional) graduates are excellent because the skilled students are hired both in start-ups and large companies in large numbers.
- The BCA (Professional) students can even to MCA course to get better career opportunities and better pay scales
Some of the job roles available are
Software Developers: Roles and Responsibilities
- The software developers are required to design, develop, maintain, test and evaluate the softwares
- The software developers are expected to perform research, design, implement, and manage software programs for both organisation and clients
- The software developers are required to Identify areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently develop these modifications
- The software developers are expected to write and implement efficient code and work in bug free environment
- The software developers are required to determine operational practicality and develop quality assurance procedures
- The software developers are required to deploy software tools, processes, and metrics within the deadlines
Average Salary: 4 Lakhs to 6 Lakhs PA
Software Application Developer: Roles and Responsibilities
- The software application developers are responsible to design, develop and customize software application and modify the existing software according to the client requirements
- The software application developer is expected to perform bug fixing of the softwares and make it bug free
- The software application developer is also required to evaluate and provide the
- The software developers are expected to understand client requirements and should translate in application features
- The software application developers are expected to collaborate with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications
- The software application developers are expected to design creative prototypes according to specifications
- The software application developers are expected to write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
- The software application developers are responsible to conduct functional and non-functional testing and also perform unit and integration testing before launch of the application
- The software application developers are responsible to evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features, troubleshoot and debug applications to solve the bugs
- The software application developer is expected to develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
Average Salary: 3 Lakhs PA to 5 Lakhs PA
Computer System Analyst: Roles and Responsibilities
- The main aim of the system analyst is to analyze the data processing problems and ensure to improve the computer systems.
- The computer system analysts are required to develop test system design procedures and enhance the system compatibility
- The computer system analysts are responsible for researching hardware and software technologies to decide if they offer improvements.
- The computer system analysts are expected to help the management team decide if IT systems and infrastructure upgrades make business sense.
- The computer system analysts are required to develop new functionality for existing computer systems by installing new softwares and hardware
- The computer system analysts are required to oversee new system installation and setup, and customize them for business needs.
Average Salary: 4 Lakhs PA to 6 Lakhs PA
System Software Developers: Roles and Responsibilities
- The systems software developers professionals are required to develop and test the software for a variety of industries.
- The system software developers are required to improvise the existing softwares and try to increase the efficiency of the existing softwares as per the needs of the user.
- The system software developers are required to analyse the flaws of the software and should be capable to recommend new plans
- The system software developers are required to modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware, or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
- The system software developers are required to design or develop software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- The systems software developers are expected to develop a direct software system testing and direct software programming in the organisation
- The systems software developers are required to store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- The systems software developers are required to prepare reports or correspondence concerning project specifications, activities, or status.
- The systems software developers are required to confer with data processing or project managers to obtain information on limitations or capabilities for data processing projects.
- The systems software developers are expected to evaluate factors such as reporting formats required, cost constraints, or need for security restrictions to determine hardware configuration.
Average Salary: 3 Lakhs to 6 Lakhs PA
The BCA (Professional) course is the new age course that is gaining popularity among the students. The course will train you in the right way and helps you to land in excellent career roles across the globe for handsome salaries.